Location: Washington DC area or South-East USA
We are a global WaterTech start-up headquartered in Israel with a local presence in the US, China, and South Africa. We implement our cutting-edge technology and smart products in contaminated water bodies across the globe in order to mitigate toxic algal blooms and lead to their extensive recovery. In other words: we make water safe. We’re looking for passionate, trustworthy people who are as determined as we are to fix the world’s most urgent environmental issues, making it a better place for people and all living creatures.
- Direct and manage strategy and tactics of a team of different state lobbyists in coordination with the company’s strategy and Go to Market.
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring, advocating and reporting on relevant legislation and regulatory proceedings and implementation
- Cross-functional support of the company’s areas of interest impacted by government policies at the state legislative, executive and regulatory levels.
- In-depth knowledge and monitoring of proposed legislation and subsequent implementation to determine possible effects on company interests.
- Supports manager and other functional groups, regarding policy and political issues that impact the company.
- Understands and executes upholds lobbying and political compliance requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with federal and state officials, particularly members of Congress, state legislators, and senior leaders in the executive branch.
- Manage consultants, advocacy initiatives, and non-profits’ organizations to advance company’s reputation and public affairs.
- Serve as a representative of the company at committees, meetings, forums and other events.
- Develop and manage relationships with key decision-makers, policymakers, and federal, state and local elected officials, grassroots community leaders, and public affairs groups.
- Subject matter expert for press releases and messaging collateral in order to communicate the company’s views to policymakers of the impacts of proposed legislation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Business Administration, Management or related degree.
- 4 years of successful leadership experience in lobbying, political campaigns, legislative affairs, and regulatory policy at the state level including extensive experience identifying and building relationships/working with key government leaders affecting legislation.
- Working knowledge of political, legislative and regulatory processes.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong people management skills with ability to effectively lead/manage multiple projects.
- Actively seeks out, participates in and accepts collaborative thinking and problem solving.
- Organized, ability to prioritize, self-direct, process-oriented and hands-on with the ability to dive into the details when necessary.
- Strategic thinker able to position the organization for future growth strategy.
- Creative, innovative and “out-of-the-box” thinking skills.
- Professional appearance and presentation.