On a hot June day, a group of friends launched their boats and headed out on Jordan Lake near Raleigh, North Carolina for a relaxing day on the water. It was a chance to soak up some sunshine and get relief from the summer heat. But according to media reports, the day turned tragic after a three-year-old beagle, Ruby, suddenly became ill after playing in the water.
“Cyanobacteria is toxic. It can harm your family. Every year we hear about pets going into the water and suffering the consequences” Dr. Gad Weiss
The heat is on….and so is the watch for harmful, lake-choking algae. In lakeside and coastal communities around the world, rising temperatures brought on by
Source: Miles of Algae and a Multitude of Hazards – The New York Times Source: The New York Times Miles of Algae and a Multitude
Source: BizNews.com An Israeli watertech company, Blue Green Technologies, cleaned up the Setumo Dam in the North West Province on the Molopo River of the
Source: Red tide in Florida: Bay County hit with algae bloom for second week When will it end? Red tide intensifies along Bay County coast
Florida spent $1 million removing toxic algae from Pahokee Marina, Caloosahatchee River Source: Florida spent $1 million on toxic algae in Caloosahatchee, Pahokee Marina Florida